With the recent closing of Courtside Grill 2 months ago, it was inevitable that new management would come in and replace it with something bigger and better.
The new sports themed restaurant will keep the TVs that make the restaurant an amazing destination for all sports fans, but will have a number of changes from the previous restaurant.
- The restaurant will offer 1-2 nights a week when the TVs will be closed as “family nights” – appealing to those who want to enjoy The G.O.A.T.’s food and not have to deal with the TVs and constant media that some in the community choose to avoid. Having said that, those who want to watch specific games on family nights will be accommodated, likely by the small bar or downstairs which also has TVs.
- The G.O.A.T. has added a large sushi bar up front with a large and unique sushi menu
- The restaurant’s new menu is quite different and exciting as far as similar restaurants go and it helps that they’ve brought in an established chef from the non-kosher world: Chef Adam Russo, whose bio states that he has experiences at “BBQ smokehouses of Alabama to the Louisiana Gulf Coast area as well Santa Barbara, CA, and the foothills of the Appalachians. He has developed menus for traditional Italian, French, and Mediterranean concepts in fine dining, but in recent years has turned his expertise towards contemporary American Gastropubs where his style of cooking in known to marry modern ingredients with depth of flavor and traditional cooking technique.“
The new menu features an array of small plates, salads, burgers, ‘sammies’, steak & frites platters, hot dogs, desserts, and entirely separate menus for sushi and libations (mixed drinks). Expect a liquor license in the near future.
Highlights from the menus include:
- G.O.A.T. WINGS (8) sweet buffalo, BBQ, Korean BBQ, PB&J, or green harissa
- KOREAN RICE BOWL sauteed beef, sushi rice, edamame, fuji apple, sesame, scallion, korean bbq sauce, yuzu glaze
- LOADED NACHOS fried chips piled high, pico, guacamole, cowboy candy, guajilio salsa drizzle, chipotle “crema”
- THE G.O.A.T BURGER smash griddled burger, lamb bacon, onion ring, crispy avocado, blistered shishito peppers, fried egg, tomato onion jam
- SOUTHERN FRIED CHICKEN SAMMIE “buttermilk” marinated crispy boneless chicken breast, red bell pepper slaw, bbq aioli, brioche bun
- MAGIC BEANS batter fried french green beans, G.O.A.T. sauce
- CHURRO SMORES SANDWICH house made churro roll, stuffed with toasted marshmallow, drowned in house made mexican chocolate, vanilla “ice cream”, salted caramel & nutella drizzle
- THE G.O.A.T. BOMB TRIO spicy tuna, spicy salmon, spicy yellowtail, spicy kani, avocado, caviar, crunch, spicy aioli
- CHATZI CHATZI VOLCANO ROLLS two rolls, each roll half tempura half regular 1. tuna, salmon, kani, avocado 2. spicy tuna, crunch, red onion, avocado, topped with kani salad, chef sauces
The restaurant’s kitchen hours of operation are 11:30am – 10:30pm Sunday-Thursday, both Friday and Saturday night hours will be determined and announced at a later time. The restaurant will stay open later on nights with NFL games and select games of other major sports.
Kosher supervision for The G.O.A.T. is from the Vaad of the Five Towns.