This Pesach has a long Chol Hamoed going from Monday-Thursday (Sunday-Thursday in Israel), April 18th-21st. Jewish day schools are off that week which means kids need to be entertained (and ideally the adults should enjoy too!) We’ve compiled a list of activities around the U.S and Israel that are great ways to keep busy this Pesach. If you won’t be needing this list this year, make sure to share it with your friends that do!
Also, save this Global List of Kosher Restaurants Open on Chol Hamoed Pesach.
We’ll be adding more activities and links to this article through Pesach, so come back for more ideas.
Disclosure: YeahThatsKosher may receive a commission for tickets purchased using our links. Thank you for continuing to support the website!
Tri-State Area (NY/NJ)
- American Dream Mall
- Located in East Rutherford, NJ, the American Dream Mall is a haven for kids and adults alike. In addition to their many stores, contained within the mall is also an amusement park, ice skating rink, waterpark, indoor skiing, and more. Chickies will be cooking fresh K4P food in their truck and will sell it in Food Court A at their regular location.
- American Museum of Natural History
- The American Museum of Natural History has about 50 fascinating exhibits as well as a planetarium and 3D movies. The museum is very family-friendly – kids will love seeing the dinosaurs, the blue whale, and more. The Natural History Museum is located on the Upper West Side in close proximity to many kosher restaurants. Use this Pesach restaurant list to plan your post-museum lunch or dinner.
- Intrepid Sea Air and Space Museum
- The Intrepid is a retired warship turned museum located on the water near Manhattan’s Hell’s Kitchen neighborhood. In addition to exploring the various decks of the ship, you’ll also be able to check out the first space shuttle and a missile submarine.
- Brooklyn Scavenger Hunt
- A scavenger hunt is a great interactive way to explore Brooklyn. This self-paced activity is perfect for people looking for fun for the whole family. Work as a team or compete against each other for this unique adventure. Once you finish, check out our Chol Hamoed restaurant list to plan your next stop in the borough.
- New York Mets Game at Citi Field
- The Mets host the SF Giants each day of chol hamoed, and will have kosher for Pesach food available at the stadium throughout the chag.
- Sightseeing Hurricane Speedboat Tour of Miami
- Adventure seekers will have a blast on this super-fast speedboat. You’ll get to hear all about the waterfront landmarks while the boat driver does wild tricks. Expect to get a little wet on the 45-minute tour.
- Everglades Airboat Tour
- Although it’s just a short drive from Miami Beach, Everglades National Park is an entirely different world. On a tour of the park, you’ll be able to explore the swampland and see alligators while traveling on an open airboat.
- Zoo Miami
- For wildlife fans, Zoo Miami is a unique opportunity to see animals in cageless enclosures. The animals roam freely in habitats that are separated by moats. The zoo is located slightly inland and is about an hour’s drive from Miami Beach and Hollywood.
- Kennedy Space Center Day Trip
- Explore the NASA facility at the Kennedy Space Center where you’ll see launchpads and rocket exhibits. Visitors can also partake in a simulation Shuttle Launch, see IMAX movies, and more. The Space Center is just under an hour from Orlando and pickup/dropoff from select locations is available.
- Museum of Illusions Orlando
- The Museum of Illusions has over 50 interactive experiences that are great photo ops and offer a chance to learn more about how optical illusions work.
- Warner Bros. Studio Tour
- Visit the Warner Bros. Studio in Burbank to see the magic of your favorite TV shows come to life. You’ll get a glimpse of the Friends set, the DC Universe, the Harry Potter world and so much more. Please note that the attraction cannot accommodate children under 5.
- San Diego Whale Watching Cruise
- Hop aboard a replica of a historical sailing schooner and get ready to head out to the Pacific Ocean. Expect to see migrating whales, and dolphins while learning about them and other marine mammals.
- Emerald Cave Kayaking Tour
- This half-day kayaking tour will take you down the Colorado River with a visit to the Emerald Cave. The 5-mile trip is beginner/family-friendly. Transportation is available from Las Vegas.
- Mojave Desert ATV Tour
- If you have some adventure seekers in your family, you’ll likely enjoy this 90 minute ATV tour in the desert just outside Las Vegas. Pickup and dropoff on the Las Vegas Strip is included.
- Zion and Bryce Canyon National Parks Tour
- Two of the most beautiful National Parks are just a few short hours from the heart of Las Vegas. This tour is a great way to get to the parks if you don’t plan on renting a car, since your guide will handle all of the driving. Upon arrival, each park offers its own incredible hikes and experiences.
- Tel Aviv Street Art and Graffiti Tour
- This local walking tour uses street art to explore art, history, and style. You’ll also get to wander through side alleys and streets that are off the beaten path.
- Above and Below Ground in the Old City of Jerusalem
- On this guided tour, you’ll get to walk on the walls of the old city, visit Jewish Quarter sites and explore ancient Jerusalem in Ir David. Up to 5 people per group.