While there are nearly 22,000 Subway restaurants in the United States, only a tiny fraction of them are actually Glatt Kosher… the overwhelming majority doesn’t claim to be kosher at all, so be careful.
I have eaten at a few of the kosher Subway places and I do admit, it is not my favorite fast food place. I dont really have anything bad to say about it, just nothing great either. It’s a deli place. If you like deli and soft bread, its great. If not, its just a deli place. I definitely wouldn’t plan a vacation around going to a Kosher Subway, that’s for sure.
Having said that, these Glatt Kosher Subways are popping up all over the place, and people love them. I guess us Jews just desire what we can’t have. Don’t you remember when Oreos became kosher?? I must’ve bought 3 packages at least and binged on those bad boys until my teeth were black with chocolate cookie.
But I digress. After doing some research on the web, I’ve compiled a list of the Glatt Kosher Subway chains across the U.S. Are there any outside of the U.S.? Someone comment and let us know.
I haven’t seen much advertising from this chain so far, so I guess this list should give them a little boost.
- Los Angeles
8948 W. Pico Boulevard
Los Angeles, CA
- Kansas City
6312 College Boulevard
Overland Park, KS
706 Reisterstown Rd.
523 South Livingston Ave.
1219 Avenue J
937 Kings Highway
- Cedarhurst, Nassau County
529 Central Avenue
14124 Jewel Ave
26001 South Woodland Road
- Los Angeles
- The Kosher Subway in Lower Manhattan on Water St. has closed.
- The Kosher Subway in New Rochelle has closed.
- A Kosher Subway is planned for the Upper West Side section of Manhattan, NY.
- A Kosher Subway is planned for Teaneck, NJ.
- A Kosher Subway is planned to open within the Jewish Community Center of Greater Washington in Rockville, MD (Greater Washington D.C. area)
- A Kosher Subway is planned for the Glendale suburb of Milwaukee, WI.
- Other Kosher Subways may be popping up here:
- Great Neck, NY
- Miami Beach, FL
- Brookline, MA
- Toronto, ON
- Chicago, IL
Pack your cars and head over to your closest Kosher Subway. Chances are you won’t be the only ones.