Rosa’s Pizza is back open for business.
As of yesterday, 2/14/11, Rosa’s Pizza inside the Empire State Building – which we listed as the best pizza in NYC not long ago – was closed by the NY Dept of Health and was cited with 84 Health violations:
“Critical” violations are displayed in bold.
Violation points: 84
Establishment Closed by DOHMH. Violations were cited in the following area(s) and those requiring immediate action were addressed.
1) Hot food item not held at or above 140º F.
2) Cold food item held above 41º F (smoked fish and reduced oxygen packaged foods above 38 ºF) except during necessary preparation.
3) Raw, cooked or prepared food is adulterated, contaminated, cross-contaminated, or not discarded in accordance with HACCP plan.
4) Appropriately scaled metal stem-type thermometer or thermocouple not provided or used to evaluate temperatures of potentially hazardous foods during cooking, cooling, reheating and holding.
5) Evidence of mice or live mice present in facility’s food and/or non-food areas.
6) Live roaches present in facility’s food and/or non-food areas.
7) Personal cleanliness inadequate. Outer garment soiled with possible contaminant. Effective hair restraint not worn in an area where food is prepared.
8) Facility not vermin proof. Harborage or conditions conducive to attracting vermin to the premises and/or allowing vermin to exist.
9) Pesticide use not in accordance with label or applicable laws. Prohibited chemical used/stored. Open bait station used.
10) Food contact surface not properly maintained.
11) Plumbing not properly installed or maintained; anti-siphonage or backflow prevention device not provided where required; equipment or floor not properly drained; sewage disposal system in disrepair or not functioning properly.
12) Other general violation.
H/t to @MoSchnitz on Twitter