Located on Remsen street in the heart of Downtown Brooklyn / Brooklyn Heights, you’ll find Perelandra Natural Food Center, a locally and independently owned health food store & market, that has been open since 1976. An in-house vegan, kitchen, and juice bar that serves healthy & delicious food daily has recently been certified kosher.
The Downtown Brooklyn region is notoriously void of kosher options, so this is a welcome addition to the area.
The kitchen and juice bar is open daily from 8AM-9PM with made to order sandwiches, and a hot self serve bar open all day serving breakfast, lunch, dinner, and hot soup options.
Click here to see the menu. A grab and go case offers myriad options daily.
Some menu examples include:
- kale caesar salad with roasted chickpeas, coconut “bacon”, almond-hemp parmesan and cashew caesar dressing
- southwestern salad with roasted yams, quinoa, black beans and pico de gallo with cilantro lime dressing
- tofu cobb salad with corn, herb roasted tofu and coconut bacon with cashew ranch dressing
- thai peanut zoodle salad with zucchini noodles, carrots, edamame and peanut-ginger dressing
- chickpea-walnut salad
- dill-tofu salad
- french lentil salad
- black bean salad
- curried sweet potato hummus
- jackfruit “tuna” salad
- lots of desserts- chocolate whoopie pies, banana pudding, chai-spiced chia seed pudding, chocolate-peanut butter crunch bars
All food at Perelandra is made in-house with 95% of the ingredients certified organic.
Everything made in the kitchen and juice bar is vegan and kosher certified by IKC Kosher.
The Perelandra Natural Food Center market itself carries kosher & non-kosher certified products.