UPDATE: The current personal sign up offer for March 2016 is 35k points & also 35k points for the business card!
The best just got better. I’ve written many times about why I love the SPG American Express card as my favorite credit card, where the vast majority of my spending goes. There were a few things about it that held it back from being completely far and away the best card, but that’s changing.
But first …
The limited time sign-up bonus has been raised from 25k to 30k Starpoints with only a $3k spend to hit the bonus for the personal card, and $5k spend on the business card (Offer Expires 9/14/15). The extra 5k Starpoints are easily worth $100 or more if used correctly.
New benefits for the card include:
- No FTFs!! (Foreign Transaction Fees)
- Complimentary, unlimited Boingo Wi-Fi on up to four devices at more than 1M Boingo hotspots worldwide
- Free in-room, premium Internet access while staying with SPG participating hotels
Some existing card benefits include:
- Receive a 5,000 Starpoint bonus when you transfer 20,000 Starpoints to a participating frequent flyer program. That’s a 25% bonus to over 30 international airlines!
- Starwood Elite status, SPG Gold status on the business card
- Extended Warranty
- Purchase Protection
- Return Protection
- $0 introductory annual fee for the first year, then $95
- … and more
Disclosure: I may receive referral points for applications from the links in this article.