On Tuesday night, I had the pleasure of spending over an hour on Instagram Live interviewing Owen Beiny, aka The Points Partner, on how nearly any consumer can use points, miles, and credit cards to their advantage for free travel.
While we discussed numerous topics relating to free travel, credit cards was the central theme. Which credit cards are good “for you” and what strategies we as consumers should use to get the best value for the credit card points we earn, were key topics discussed.
You can watch the full interview in the embedded video below or on Instagram. Below the video, we’ve linked to all the credit cards mentioned in the interview and the rationale for picking one up.
Additionally, you can sign up for TPP’s FLY FREE ACADEMY course at 10% off using code YTK at academy.thepointspartner.com.
Affiliate Disclosure: YeahThatsKosher is part of an affiliate sales network and receives compensation for sending traffic to partner sites, such as MileValue.com. This compensation may impact how and where links appear on this site. This site does not include all financial companies or all available financial offers. Terms apply to American Express benefits and offers. Enrollment may be required for select American Express benefits and offers. Visit americanexpress.com to learn more.
Recommended Cards Mentioned in The Points Partner interview
- American Express® Gold Card
- Best for Kosher Foodies: restaurants & groceries
- Citi Premier® Card
- Great sign-up bonus. Good for everyday food & gas purchases
- Capital One® Venture® Rewards Credit Card
- Double miles on all purchases and low annual fee
- The Blue Business® Plus Credit Card from American Express
- Earn 2X Membership Rewards® points on everyday business purchases regardless of category, up to $50,000 in spend per year (1x thereafter)
- Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Great card for travel & restaurants, flexible points, & low annual fee
- Citi® Double Cash Card
- 2% Cash Back on all purchases + no annual fee
- Capital One® Venture X Rewards Credit Card
- $300 Annual Travel Credit
- Priority Pass lounge access for 4 people
- Global Entry reimbursement
- 2x points on all purchases
- Chase Ink Business Unlimited® Credit Card
- 1.5x points on all purchases
- No annual fee
- Big sign-up bonus
- Hilton Honors American Express Surpass® Card
- Best intro card for airport lounge access (up to 10 visits per year)