35,000 points is the highest-ever sign up bonus ever offered on the Starwood Preferred Guest (SPG) American Express credit cards, for both the personal and business cards.
I’ve written numerous times about my love for the SPG points program and this particular credit card, and if there was ever a time you thought about getting this card, or you’re seeking a new travel credit card, here’s your chance.
The 35k sign up bonus offer expires on 3/30/16.
35,000 point bonus is earned after $3k spend within the first 90 days on the personal card, and a $5k spend during the same time frame on the business card.
Benefits for the card include:
- Receive a 5,000 Starpoint bonus when you transfer 20,000 Starpoints to a participating frequent flyer program. That’s a 25% bonus to over 30 international airlines!
- Starwood Elite status, SPG Gold status on the business card
- No FTFs!! (Foreign Transaction Fees)
- Complimentary, unlimited Boingo Wi-Fi on up to four devices at more than 1M Boingo hotspots worldwide
- Free in-room, premium Internet access while staying with SPG participating hotels
- Extended Warranty
- Purchase Protection
- Return Protection
- $0 introductory annual fee for the first year, then $95
- … and more
Why choose the business card?
- If you own a business, it’s a no brainer (you could technically get both cards and earn 70,000 points in the bonuses alone, totalling 78,000 points after your spend is included). If you don’t own a business, you can still apply for a business card under your social security number, with a business that could be your personal consultancy.
- Shifting your personal / family spending to a business credit card (i.e. using your personal credit cards less) means that you will no longer be using the available credit in your name, so your credit utilization will be super low, and thus improving your personal credit score. (Some reading here on debt to credit ratio & credit utilization; feel free to ask me any questions on this.)
Whichever card you choose, the SPG Amex is one of the best ones out there, just be sure to take advantage of the bonus before it expires on 3/30.
Disclosure: I may receive referral points for applications from the links in this article.