Timeout Magazine just came out with a list of 101 fun things to do in NYC. Many of which are free. Here are our favorites:
- Williamsburg’s Havermeyer Park– the park is chock full of great things to do with your family, the best part it’s free! Some awesome features an open air library with an enclosed reading room where the walls are made of plants, an urban farm, and the Brooklyn Bike park; NY’s first legal mountain biking course.
- Governor’s Island– Full of fabulous things to do, from art installations to a jazz age lawn party and even a french festival with vintage carnival rides.
- Shakespeare in the Park– I’ve never been able to get up early enough to get tickets to this amazing event. Some of the best actors, re-enacting some of our greatest literature of all time, in the idyllic setting of central park and the cost; nada.
- LICFlea– Long Island City has a fantastic flea market, with all sorts of goodies. Pick up some stuff for the house, take a ferry ride and see NY harbor, and bring a picnic lunch.
- Musical Chairs at Bryant Park– Love competitive games? Good at boxing someone out? Consider this crazy competitive and fun game of Musical chairs that is for adults. Get your game face on and be prepared to compete.
- World Science Festival– Learn some awesome new things, and hear some great talks from the science world’s biggest stars. See all sorts of new innvovations like flying robots and expand your mind.
- Outdoor Rise– try a new outdoor activity from yoga, to stand up paddle boarding, and others, for free. At locations throughout NYC.
- NY Philharmonic– Lie on the grass in one of five locations throughout the Five boroughs and hear beautiful classical music, bring some food and eat al fresco.
- American Crafts Festival– June is national Crafts month, and in that honor Lincoln Center will have a Crafts Festival for 2 separate weekends in June. Get your craft fix and pick up awesome artisan wares and support local artists.
Enjoy all the great and eclectic activities that are at your fingertips this summer in NYC. Have a great summer!