Shalom Bombay is set to open today for lunch ahead of schedule.
Shalom Bombay was closed due to massive health violations by the NYC Dept of Health:
Details from the DOH website:
Violations from 02/09/2011 Inspection
Tip! “Critical” violations are displayed in bold below.
Violation points: 98
Establishment Closed by DOHMH. Violations were cited in the following area(s) and those requiring immediate action were addressed.
1) Hot food item not held at or above 140º F.
2) Raw, cooked or prepared food is adulterated, contaminated, cross-contaminated, or not discarded in accordance with HACCP plan.
3) Appropriately scaled metal stem-type thermometer or thermocouple not provided or used to evaluate temperatures of potentially hazardous foods during cooking, cooling, reheating and holding.
4) Evidence of mice or live mice present in facility’s food and/or non-food areas.
5) Live roaches present in facility’s food and/or non-food areas.
6) Hand washing facility not provided in or near food preparation area and toilet room. Hot and cold running water at adequate pressure to enable cleanliness of employees not provided at facility. Soap and an acceptable hand-drying device not provided.
7) Tobacco use, eating, or drinking from open container in food preparation, food storage or dishwashing area observed.
8) Facility not vermin proof. Harborage or conditions conducive to attracting vermin to the premises and/or allowing vermin to exist.
9) Non-food contact surface improperly constructed. Unacceptable material used. Non-food contact surface or equipment improperly maintained and/or not properly sealed, raised, spaced or movable to allow accessibility for cleaning on all sides, above and underneath the unit.
10) Proper sanitization not provided for utensil ware washing operation
h/t to @MoSchnitz on Twitter
We have been informed that Shalom Bombay in NYC has temporarily closed due to emergency maintenance. They expect to reopen very soon. Please call the restaurant for further information at 212-922-0224.