For years, I’ve been telling everyone I know to get this card, because it’s quite difficult to get 6% off (or cash back) on anything these days, let alone food. As a kosher keeping household, food can be expensive, so I’m always looking for savings.
The American Express Blue Cash Preferred card is one I’ve been using for nearly a decade. I use it every time I shop at my local kosher supermarket (like Gourmet Glatt, Seasons, etc), Stop & Shop, Trader Joe’s, Aldi, and everything in between, earning 6% cash back at all of them. This works at all small and large markets that sell groceries, even the online versions of these stores, some people find it even better to shop for groceries online and use further discounts found on websites like https://www.raise.com/coupons/target. This does not work at big box stores that sell groceries (like Walmart or Target) or convenience stores (like 7Eleven or Wawa).
Additionally, this AMEX card also earns 3% cash back at all gas stations in the U.S. as well as 6% cash back on streaming services like Netflix, Spotify, Hulu, and more.
What else you should know about this card:
- Annual Fee: $0 first year, $95 thereafter
- Sign up Bonus: $300 back after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in your first 6 months.
- APR: 0% intro APR on purchases for 12 months from the date of account opening, then a variable APR, 13.99% to 23.99%.
- Cash back details: Earn 6% Cash Back at U.S. Supermarkets on up to $6,000 per year in purchases (then 1%).
- Travel & Purchase Protections: AMEX offers the best in class consumer protections. Details on the application page.
As an AMEX cardmember for over 20 years, I’m a big fan of their cards, and this is one I keep in my wallet at all times and for obvious reasons. This one is a no brainer.
Interested in more credit card tips? Read more here.
Note: YeahThatsKosher may earn referral credit from links found in this article.