Many kosher vacationers will be heading down to South Florida over the coming weeks for Yeshiva Week / Winter Break and are seeking some new kosher options in the area. If you haven’t been to the area in nearly 2 years, like me, I’ve compiled a list of some of the new places to investigate and taste.
Here are some kosher restaurants that have opened in the past 12-18 months or so that we are eyeing to try in the coming days (in no particular order).
Click the name of the restaurant for more details including map, hours of operation, and hashgacha:
- Zak the Baker Deli – Wynwood, Miami – we will no doubt be on line to visit the now famous Zak the Baker cafe/bakery, but we are also excited to try the new fleishig restaurant that just opened up this month.
- Ditmas Kitchen & Cocktails – Boca Raton – bringing his hit restaurant from LA, Chef Reznik now has a hip restaurant & bar on both coasts, and if it’s as good as its west coast counterpart, we’re all in for a treat.
- Raw Poke Bar – Ft. Lauderdale – Poke is the next big thing in kosher cuisine, especially for those who love sushi. I love poke (Hawaiian dish of raw fish and typically rice and veggies), and am excited to try this place out.
- MeaToast – North-Beach, Miami Beach – this is a smaller shop with a unique twist: fleishig paninis, which is all the rage in Israel. OK, I’ll bite.
Shnitz N’ Fritz – Wynwood, Miami – adding to the now growing kosher scene in Wynwood, this kosher food truck is attempting to bring artisanal schnitzel & fries to the street food scene down south.
- Hummus Factory – Hollywood – The newer of the 2 new hummus joints in Hollywood. It’s hard to turn down hummus.
- Cold Pressed Raw – Downtown Miami – vegan, veggie based raw foods, puddings, toasts, and desserts.
Acqua Trattoria – Aventura – Already setting itself up as a premier dairy restaurant, we’ve been hearing good things.
- Hummus Asli – Hollywood – Not sure yet how Hummus Asli & Hummus Factory distinguish themselves from another, but I guess there’s only one way to find out. Try ’em both!
- City Juice – Brickell, Miami – healthy restaurant offering cold pressed juices, acai bowls, rice bowls and more near downtown Miami.
- Brickell Kosher Deli – Brickell, Miami – glatt kosher deli served on Zak the Baker sourdough, also offering local delivery downtown.
- Blaze Tex Mex BBQ – North Miami Beach – burger joint offering lots of sandwich customizations, open late.
- Foozo – North Miami Beach – offering beautiful artisanal pizzas, as well as pastas, salads, and more.
- Kosha – Boca Raton – Thai / sushi restaurant in Boca
- Su Thai – Boca Raton – Thai / sushi restaurant in Boca
- Which is better? Kosha or Su Thai? You be the judge.
If you get to try any of these places in the coming weeks, please comment below with your detailed thoughts. Thanks!
It’s possible we may have missed a restaurant or two on this list. It was not intentional.