Updated with Menu: See below.
For the second time this year, LA’s celebrity chef, Katsuji Tanabe, will be bringing his Mexikosher dishes to NYC for one-day only, on Tuesday, December 15th.
As was the case in March at this first pop-up, it will be held again at Pitopia on W37th st. off of Broadway. The restaurant’s typical hours are 11-11 but these may change for this one-day pop-up event.
Menu items are the same as they were back in March:
$16.95 for a choice of a burrito or 3 tacos of the following:
- Birria – lamb braised in banana leaves with guajillo sauce for 10 hours.
- Carnitas – brisket confit in duck fat.
- Pollo a la pibil – mayan style chicken, with a mix of aromatic and sweet flavors from the region.
- Sides – all dishes come with fried black beans and rice with a choice of different garnish from guacamole, pico de gallo, cilantro, pickled red onions, escabeche de carrots with jalapenos, and grilled cactus and more
- Salsas – Mango habanero, chipotle, salsa verde ,and salsa rojo
Here are pics from the last Mexikosher NYC event in March:
3 tacos, one with each meat offering at the Mexikosher popup: Pollo a la Pibil (Mayan Chicken), Carnitas (brisket w/duck fat), and Birria (lamb braised in banana leaves) #mexikosherpopup A photo posted by Dani Klein / YeahThatsKosher✈️ (@yeahthatskosher) on