One of the largest Jewish orthodox suburbs of NYC, the 5 Towns in Nassau County, Long Island, NY is home to many kosher restaurants serving the local communities, as well as neighboring Far Rockaway, Oceanside, Long Beach, West Hempstead, and sometimes even travelers via JFK. Here’s some recent kosher restaurant news in the area:
- Ahuva’s Grill Express – 480 Rockaway Tpke, Lawrence, NY (Coming Soon) – a branch of the relatively new Israeli / Middle Eastern eatery in Hewlett.
- Boccone – Gelato Bar – 529 Central Ave, Cedarhurst, NY – just in time for the Spring and Summer months. Currently open.
- New bagel store replacing Bagel Island on Rockaway Tpke – Name TBD
- Varieates / Bellisimo / Bravo Pizza – 140 E Washington Ave, Cedarhurst, NY – Pizza store that is not well run, and apparently operates under 3 names. Currently open.
- Bagel Island – Rockaway Tpke, Lawrence, NY – they’ve been closed since Hurricane Sandy, and it looks like they will be replaced by another similar kosher eatery.
- Off the Grill – 600 Central Ave, Cedarhurst, NY – the restaurant appears to have closed it’s doors for good.
- Sabra’s Pizza – 560 Central Ave, Cedarhurst, NY – we announced in February that they’ve closed. Unknown who will be moving in to the space as of yet, but they are doing construction.
- Cafe Sapore – 1034 Broadway, Woodmere, NY – closed down over the past few months.Was not open very long. Will be replaced by a non