According to ThePointsGuy:
American Airlines now lets AAdvantage members pre-order meals before they get on the plane. Flyers can choose between fresh salads and sandwiches on their upcoming flights. It’s easy to place an order by simply clicking on the “Pre-Order Now” button in the email you should receive before your flight to place an order for yourself and everyone traveling in the same reservation.
Kosher travelers should use meal code: KSML
All kosher meals are certified by the OU.
If you have issues reserving your kosher meal, contact American Airlines here.
NOTE: All food items listed are examples of menus that fit the dietary requirements of each meal category. Actual food items served may vary by month.
- Brunch/Hot Breakfast – Herb Omelet with Potatoes and Ratatouille, Fruit Salad, Bagel
- Cold Breakfast – Bagel and Breakfast Roll, Fresh Fruit
- Lunch/Dinner – Roasted Chicken with Roasted Potatoes and Mixed Vegetables, Pasta Salad with Vegetables, Dessert Cake
- Snack – Roasted Vegetable Sandwich, Dessert Bread
@ThePointsGuy included other helpful info:
Terms and Conditions:
This trial offer is valid on selected non-stop flight segments that depart after 10 AM and before 8 PM.
- A pre-order can only be placed online via a targeted email up to 24 hours prior to departure that passengers will receive.
- There can only be one order placed per reservation; a pre-order for multiple passengers traveling on the one reservation must be placed at the same time.
- Payment will be collected onboard upon delivery by an American Airlines flight attendant; accepted forms of payment include all major credit/debit cards.
- Pre-order meals are complimentary for AAdvantage Executive Platinum members.
- Pre-order meals are complimentary for ConciergeKeySM members.
If you've found this article helpful, please consider supporting this site with a small donation so we can continue to create more articles.