With billions of dollars in damage done across the Northeast from Hurricane Sandy, here are ways you can use your airline miles, hotel, and credit card points to donate to relief effforts OR ways you can earn extra miles / points by donating to the following relief efforts:
- is matching up to $50,000 in customer donations to the Red Cross and will give 6 TrueBlue points for every dollar you donate through 11/30/12.
- United Airlines Foundation announced that it upped from $50,000 to $100,000 the amount of donations it will match to the American Red Cross, AmeriCares and Feeding America. MileagePlus members who give a minimum of $50 will receive 250 bonus miles, and those who contribute $100 or more will receive 500 bonus miles.
- is encouraging people to donate to the Red Cross as well. Through November 30, 2012, AAdvantage members can earn a one-time award of 250 AAdvantage bonus miles for a minimum $50 donation, or 500 AAdvantage bonus miles for a donation of $100.
- has given $100,000 to the Red Cross for storm relief and is encouraging customers to to the Red Cross for storm relief.
- Hilton HHonors has partnered with GlobalGiving and from now until December 31, 2012 will give you 10 HHonors Bonus Points for every $1 USD donated to support the relief efforts. Hilton is also matching all donations up to $100,000. Donate here.
- Starwood has announced that it will match donations of at least 2,000 Starpoints made by members of the Starwood Preferred Guests program to the American Red Cross through November 30, 2012. (2,0000 Starpoints equals a $25 donation.) Donate here.
Know of another airline, hotel, car rental or travel-related organization offering matches or bonuses to those who help out with storm relief? Comment below and we’ll update this list.
(Content originally curated by StuckAtTheAirport.com)
If you've found this article helpful, please consider supporting this site with a small donation so we can continue to create more articles.