Beignets are a local delicacy and were brought to Louisiana by the Acadians (17th century French colonists). These were fried fritters, sometimes filled with fruit. Today, the beignet is a square piece of dough, fried and covered with powdered sugar. They are served in orders of three.
The supervision is coming from R' Uri Toplosky's according to its press release and is covering all 9 of its chains in Louisiana:
- French Market, 800 Decatur Street, New Orleans, La, 70116 Open 24 hours a day, closed 6pm December 24, opens 6am December 26 504-525-4544
- Riverwalk Marketplace, 500 Port of New Orleans, Suite 27 New Orleans, La, 70130 Open Mon-Sat 9am-6pm, Sun 9:30am-6pm 504-587-0841
- Oakwood Mall, 197 Westbank Expressway, Suite 54, Gretna, La, 70053 Open Mon-Sat 8am-9pm, Sun 11am-6pm 504-365-8600
- Lakeside Mall, 3301 Veterans Blvd, Suite 104, Metairie, La, 70002 Open Mon-Sat 7am-9pm, Sun 11am-6pm 504-834-8694
- Esplanade Mall, 1401 West Esplanade, Suite 100, Kenner, La 70065 Open Mon-Sat 9am-9pm, Sun 11am-6pm 504-468-3588
- Veterans Boulevard Location, 4700 Veterans Blvd, Metairie, La, 70006 Open Sun-Thur 6am-11pm, Fri-Sat 6am-1am Drive Thru Available 504-888-9770
- Williams, 3245 Williams Blvd. Kenner, LA 70065 Open Sun-Thur 6am-10pm, Fri-Sat 6am-12am Drive Thru Available 504-469-7699
- Mandeville, 1814 N. Causeway Approach, Suite 1, Mandeville, La, 70448 Open Sun-Thur 6am-10pm, Fri-Sat 6am-12am Drive Thru Available 985-951-7474
- Covington, 70437 Highway 21, Convington, La, 70433 Open Sun-Thur 6am-10pm, Fri-Sat 6am-12am Drive Thru Available 985-893-0453
Thank you Karen P. for the H/T!